Sandstone House is on a private 2 hectare farm in the quiet corner of Franschhoek (just over an hour’s drive from Cape Town) in the beautiful Cape Winelands region of South Africa. The house is set in a tranquil and peaceful setting with total privacy as it is surrounded by farmland with no through roads, but it is also in easy access to the village that is only 2km away.
The estate offers 8 luxurious bedrooms, all en-suite, with a large lounge, formal dining room with private wine cellar, family lounge, kitchen with large eating area, sunroom/conservatory that leads out onto the patio and magnificent gardens surrounding the house. There is also a study, hi-tech entertainer’s kitchen with walk-in cold room and exclusive intimate bar.
There are also a total of 3 private swimming pools on the property. The main one (outside the front of the house) is a 15m x 3m sparkling pool with large patio area around it. It leads onto several garden areas that are exquisitely designed and maintained with seating areas and beautiful artworks to admire.
There is also a tennis court and several pathways leading through the extensive gardens, including a beautiful rose garden, olive grove and vineyards.
The 360 degree views of the surrounding Franschhoek mountain ranges from a spectacular view that is unparalleled. There is “no visual pollution” to interrupt these magnificent views.
6 x Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms in the main house.
2 x Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms in the Villa.
1 x Office.
Sleeps 16 people.
- Formal living & dining room with private wine cellar
- Open-planned kitchen/family living area
- Conservatory with dining area and pizza oven / barbeque
- Entertainer’s kitchen with walk-in cold room and scullery
- Intimate bar room
- 3 swimming pools
- Flood lit, all weather tennis court
- Rose Garden
- Borehole water
- 60 KVA generator – capable to support entire estate
- Permanent/live-in property manager
- Private parking with access to 2 garages & tool room
- Laundry facilities
- DSTV, Netflix on 1 TV in main house and 1 TV in the Villa (in total – 8 televisions in Sandstone House & 3 televisions in the Villa)
- SONOS sound system throughout the property
- Alarm with armed response service
- Sandstone House red wine (own label) available from the SH private cellar – at ZAR 200 per bottle